The Ogston Music School, St Edward’s School, Oxford
St Edward’s School was founded in 1863 and is located in Oxford, England. It is an independent, co-educational, boarding and day school for pupils aged 13-18 years old.
The development comprised of the construction of a new music school building at St Edwards School. Named in honour of the project’s principal contributor, Hamish Ogston, the new Music School has established itself in its own right at the heart of the local community, welcoming schools, touring musicians and community performances. The new recital and rehearsal space is able to seat up to 120 people. Works included the construction of 20 practice rooms; seven ensemble rooms; a recording studio and rock room as well as a new Sixth Form Music Library.
Specialist sound equipment was subcontracted on this project, special attention was focused on quality in general and in particular to the acoustic details and specifications required to deliver a high-quality music school environment.