Project update on our scheme at Charterhouse School, for 2 new boarding houses.
Works on the north block are progressing well, the
R.C Frame is complete up to the 3rd floor. The internal blockwork at ground floor level is well advanced and on the first floor the blockwork has just commenced on site.
Whilst on the south block the R.C frame complete up to the second floor and brickwork has started on the ground floor.
Project update on our scheme at Radley College, to deliver student accommodation.
We are currently completing the external works, including drainage, retaining walls and services.
Internally we are carrying out glazing, plastering, second fix joinery and decorating.
For the coming week we are preparing to commence works to the second floor bedrooms, including flooring and bedroom furniture.
We have complied with the governments guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19.
COVID-19 BUSINESS UPDATE
Following the suspension of our site operations on 3rd April 2020 as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have been monitoring the situation as it has developed.
The Construction Leadership Council “Standard Operating Procedures” (currently version 3) provides recommendations for ensuring the workforce is protected and minimising the risk of spread of infection.
Our Company believes that if we all work together, we can provide an environment where we can continue with construction work in line with these recommendations and have therefore decided that site operations will recommence on 4th May 2020.
In terms of general site matters, we will be implementing additional measures which will include:
- Localised hand sanitising stations will be provided as a minimum at the site entrance and welfare facilities. Further on-site stations will be determined on a site by site basis.
- Daily briefings to be given to the trade foremen by the site manager. At these briefings the trade site foremen are to provide details of their personnel on site to remove the need for signing in.
- Specific Covid-19 toolbox talk to be given to all operatives upon their return to work.
- All briefings / toolbox talks / inductions will be given in an external environment.
- Welfare and communal facilities will be cleaned regularly. Shared use Refrigerators, Kettles and Microwaves will be maintained and will be subject to regular sanitising.
- The site manager will agree with each trade on site specific break times to manage the numbers within the canteen.
- We ask that once on site, operatives remain on site for the full day and not leave site to buy food from the local community.
All supply chain companies working on our sites are asked to consider your own operational scope of work and issue specific RAMS covering your own Covid-19 site operating procedures a minimum of 5 working days prior to commencing on our sites.
If you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us
01635 277 100 or email@example.com
As a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, the company has temporarily halted operations and furloughed most staff. A skeleton staff are operating and if your query is urgent please refer to Head Office Reception, call 01635 277 100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
As of the 17 March and in accordance with Government advice, we will be instigating a policy of home working, where feasible, to limit social contact.
This will mainly apply to our head office staff and the sites will remain operational so long as it is possible.
The head office will operate with skeleton staff and your project teams will continue to remain available, via their mobiles and email.
We have now completed the project at Ibstock Place School. Works comprised of a new Refectory which provides a high quality and enjoyable dining environment during the day, in the evening the multi-purpose space is suitable to host large School events and activities.
Please click here to view the project.