Student Accommodation, St Hildas College, Oxford
St Hilda’s College is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford in England. It was founded in 1893 as a hall for women; remaining an all-women’s college until 2008.
Works comprised a major refurbishment to the existing student accommodation house at St Hilda’s College and the construction of a new 3 storey extension to the existing boarding accommodation. The extension to the existing Iffley Road building was constructed using a timber frame solution, with an external skin of brickwork and timber cladding, in keeping with the neighbouring properties. The main entrance gates were fabricated from brushed stainless steel, perforated with a stylised map of East oxford.
A new building was also included in the scope of works to deliver additional and improved student accommodation for the College and included a feature external stair tower to provide safe access and egress to the building.