New Boarding House, Marlborough College, Wiltshire
Marlborough College is an independent boarding and day school founded in 1843 and located in Wiltshire, England. Originally built for the sons of Church of England clergy, it is now co-educational.
Works comprised of a new 3 storey boarding house, consisting of 71 new bedrooms for the female students, as well as a communal kitchen and dining spaces with associated facilities. Communal areas are located on the ground floor with direct access to an outdoor courtyard, other quieter study areas are situated to the west of the house. The upper floors comprised of the accommodation suites, each with their own social areas.
Whilst not located within the main school teaching area, the new building is located adjacent to an existing boarding house and is sited on a main walkway through from the nearby residential areas to the main school buildings. A nursery building is situated abutting the site, and deliveries were scheduled to take into account of the busy movement times for both School and Nursery.
Works also include drainage diversions, groundworks and associated external works involving hard and soft landscaping as well as new utility services.