New Sixth Form Centre, Magdalen College School, Oxford
Magdalen College School is an independent day school for boys aged 7-18 years old and girls in the sixth form. It was founded in 1480 as part of Magdalen College and is located in Oxford, England.
The development comprised of the construction of a new 4-storey Sixth Form Centre to provide a social and flexible study space, classrooms, offices and changing accommodation for 360 pupils.
The project commenced with demolition works to the Colin Sanders Building, which the new block connected into and also included the staged, partial demolition of the south end of the 1928 building.
The construction site was accessed from Cowley Place, and shared boundaries with the existing Magdalen College School Buildings and St Hilda’s College, Oxford.