Science Block, Radley College, Abingdon

Radley College is located in Radley, Oxfordshire and was founded in 1847. It is a prestigious independent boarding school for boys aged 13-18.

Feltham have been working with Radley College for over 15 years, producing a succession of excellent projects and were thrilled to continue the long-term working relationship with the construction of their new Science Block; our 13th project with the College.

The Works comprised the partial demolition, alteration, refurbishment and extension of the existing Science Building which was originally constructed in 1937. The new building provided new science laboratories, a 184 seat lecture theatre and a rooftop observatory. The feature of the building is the new circular extension with upper storey curtain walling lit by feature LED lighting. A bespoke piece of art reflecting the periodic table was added as a centre piece to the building to blend in with the science theme. Each box contains products or a link to the element they represen, the inert gases have their periodic letters illuminated meaning each element produces a different colour.

The project was phased to allow existing teaching spaces to be utilised during the works which dictated close coordination between the Client and build team.

Image Credit:  Lance McNulty Photography


 

 

New Refectory, Ibstock Place School, Roehampton

Ibstock Place School was founded in 1894 and is located in Roehampton, London. It is a co-educational, independent day school educating children aged between 3 and 18 years of age.

The project comprised of the construction of a new School building that is linked to the main School house. Feltham delivered a full internal renovation installing a commercial kitchen and dining halls to create a new Refectory for the staff and pupils. The new Refectory provides a high quality and enjoyable dining environment during the day whilst in the evening the multi-purpose space is suitable to host large school events and activities, essential to the annual school programme.

Works included the demolition of existing buildings in addition to the construction of a new sixth form area and various other ancillary rooms & washing facilities. External work remodelling was completed as part of the project.

New Swimming Pool, Chesham Preparatory School, Buckinghamshire

Chesham Prepatory School was founded in 1938 and is located in Chesham, Buckinghamshire. It is a co-educational school for children aged 3 to 13 years old.

The project at Chesham Preparatory School comprised the construction of a new 25m swimming pool with changing rooms and further administration spaces for use by the pupils and staff. Works also included a new access road and took place adjacent to the exisiting sports hall, which remained in use throughout the duration of the project. The site was situated on green belt land and needed a highly sensitive approach to lessen the impact on the environment.

Sports Centre Extension, Tiffin School, Kingston-upon-Thames

The Tiffin School is a boys’ grammar school founded in 1880 and is located in Kingston-upon-Thames, England.

This project delivered a 2-storey extension to the existing school sports hall, with minor alterations and refurbishment works of the existing changing areas. This involved the upgrading of mechanical and electrical services in addition to the demolition of the single storey out-buildings, as well as the diversion of existing external services and the provision of all associated external works.

The new extension is designed to reflect the existing half of the building, previously constructed, which was to provide five new additional classrooms, as well as a new commercial School kitchen, servery, dining hall for the staff and pupils.

 

New Training Centre CTC Frimley

Cadet Training Centre, Frimley

The Cadet Training Centre (CTC) was set up in 1959 and is located in Frimley Park, Surrey. It is the national centre of excellence for Cadet Forces training.

Works comprised the construction of a new 2 storey, 530m2 building to provide teaching, dining and training facilities for the South East Reserve Forces.

The scope also included alterations and refurbishment works to an adjacent grade ll listed building to deliver disabled bedrooms as well as laundry facilities, lockers, WC’s and secure rooms.

Bardwell Court, St Johns College, Oxford

St Johns College is a constituent College of the University of Oxford. It has been operational since 1555, when it was a Men’s College, however since 1979 it has become coeducational and educates around 390 undergraduate and 250 post graduates.

Works comprised the refurbishment and extension to the Colleges existing Masters accommodation at Bardwell Court. The scope also included all associated works and services, with the inclusion of a new lift. The apartments were built to an exceptionally high quality, with hardwood joinery, timber floors and bespoke hand-painted kitchens.

 

St Hildas Iffly Road

Student Accommodation, St Hildas College, Oxford

St Hilda’s College is one of the constituent colleges of the University of Oxford in England. It was founded in 1893 as a hall for women; remaining an all-women’s college until 2008.

Works comprised a major refurbishment to the existing student accommodation house at St Hilda’s College and the construction of a new 3 storey extension to the existing boarding accommodation. The extension to the existing Iffley Road building was constructed using a timber frame solution, with an external skin of brickwork and timber cladding, in keeping with the neighbouring properties. The main entrance gates were fabricated from brushed stainless steel, perforated with a stylised map of East oxford.

A new building was also included in the scope of works to deliver additional and improved student accommodation for the College and included a feature external stair tower to provide safe access and egress to the building.

Abbey School Lecture Theatre Refurbishment

Lecture Theatre Refurbishment, The Abbey School, Reading

The Abbey School is an independent all girls school founded in 1887 and is located in Reading, Berkshire. It educates girls aged 3 – 18 years old across multiple sites.

The project included a full refurbishment of The Abbey Schools lecture theatre.Works consisted of the installation of new lighting, high-end seating, air-conditioning and AV equipment. It was finished with new floor finishes and redecorated to give it a contemporary look. The project was part of the schools re-development masterplan and works were completed during the School Summer Holidays in 2018.

New School Building and Extension, The Westgate School, Slough

The Westgate School was founded in 1958 and is located in Cippenham, Slough. It delivers a high-quality comprehensive education for approximately 1000 young people aged between 11 and 19 years old.

This project represented the third build project undertaken by Feltham for the school and comprised the design and construction of two, two storey buildings completed in two phases with an ancillary phase involving a summer refurbishment of existing science labs. The two buildings provide . The new structures provide additional 6th form areas, classrooms and further storage space for the School hall.

Additional refurbishment and alteration work were also included to provide the design technology and science classrooms with fully equipped ancillary areas.

During the construction stages of the project, students from the school were invited on site to sign the erected steel frame, this provided the pupils and staff with an insight to the works taking place at their School.

Please click the link to view the time lapse video capturing the entire build, illustrating the progress through to the completion stages.

Construction Timelapse – Progress

Here’s a little insight into our work illustrating an ongoing construction project. We’ve been involved since the ground was broken and continue to run timelapse cameras to capture the entire build, with regular site visits, and ‘adventurous’ ladder climbs, the footage is building up nicely for what will be a exciting production come the end of the build. It’s the perfect project to add some aerial footage in to illustrate the progress along the way too… naturally an excuse to get airborne 🚁📸

Gepostet von CBZ Photography am Dienstag, 13. Februar 2018

 

https://www.facebook.com/cbzphoto/videos/2099027423642785/

Video Credit: CBZ Photography

 

Dancy House Marlborough College External

New Boarding House, Marlborough College, Wiltshire

Marlborough College is an independent boarding and day school founded in 1843 and located in Wiltshire, England. Originally built for the sons of Church of England clergy, it is now co-educational.

Works comprised of a new 3 storey boarding house, consisting of 71 new bedrooms for the female students, as well as a communal kitchen and dining spaces with associated facilities. Communal areas are located on the ground floor with direct access to an outdoor courtyard, other quieter study areas are situated to the west of the house. The upper floors comprised of the accommodation suites, each with their own social areas.

Whilst not located within the main school teaching area, the new building is located adjacent to an existing boarding house and is sited on a main walkway through from the nearby residential areas to the main school buildings. A nursery building is situated abutting the site, and deliveries were scheduled to take into account of the busy movement times for both School and Nursery.

Works also include drainage diversions, groundworks and associated external works involving hard and soft landscaping as well as new utility services.